EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF SOUTH SUDAN
WESTERN EQUATORIA INTERNAL PROVINCE
DIOCESE OF MARIDI 2018-2021 PLANS
- Vision of the Diocese:
To see a capable and matured Christian Community in Maridi and beyond for God’s glory (acts 2:42-27)
- Mission of the Diocese;
To reconcile people of God with one another and promote the social economic activities in the community
- Diocesan objectives and Activities:
- Improved of Evangelism and Discipleship:
- Conduct Evangelistic convention in Eddi Archdeaconry by December 2018.
- Youth Conference for 100 youth in the Diocese by Janmuary,2019
- Lay-Readers Fellowship and Retreat by August , 2018
- Retired pastors Fellowship by July, 2018
- Conduct leadership training for one week for the church leaders.
- Renovate the Primary and secondary school
- Construct a new pit latrine and extension of ward at Bethsaida Clinic
- Informed and Skilled Human Resource
- Train two pastors at the masters degree levels for Chaima Christian Institute
- Train three church leaders with Bachelor Degree in Theological school.
- Train five pastors with different Diploma in education
- Train four Primary school teachers in solidarity teachers training institute Yambio
- Rehabilitated Human and infrastructure :
- Construct 10 pastors houses in the parishes
- Provide relief for 200 families in Kozi and Amaki Archdeaconries.
- Conduct trauma Healing workshop to the displaced community of Amaki and Kozi in August,2018.
- Renovate the All Saints Cathedral of Maridi
- Renovate the house of Bishop and the car for the Bishop
- Provide the Diocesan office and the cathedral with Sola System
- Support education of the 40 orphans in Maridi
- Renovate 10 houses for the elderly mothers Union members in the diocese
- Promotion of Peace and Reconciliation
- Conduct one week training workshop for 20 farmers and 20 traders in Maridi
- Engage football computations among the church schools in Maridi.
- Conduct trauma Healing workshop for the former child soldiers.
- One week Peace conference for 100 single mothers in Maridi.
- Improved Agricultural productions in Maridi.
- Train 10 Diocesan agriculture Extension officers in farmers groups in the Diocese.
- Improve and maintain the Diocesan Demonstration Farm
- Train 12 farmers groups in the Diocese with commercialized agriculture
- Provide improved seeds to the 12 groups of the farmers in the Diocese.
- Construct store house for food storage for the Diocese and community around.
- Values of the Diocese:
- Promotion of teamwork, transparency and accountability.
- Faithfulness to the word of God.
- Promotion of partnership, networking and collaborations with other churches , government and Christian organizations locally and Internationally