Major Events in the History of the Church in Maridi
1922 – Christianity was brought to Maridi by the Rev. William Haddow from CMS
1930 – The construction work of the present cathedral started and completed in 1933
1947 – Maridi became a Parish church with centres at Amaki, Eddi, Mabrindi ,Ibba and Mabende
1950 – Maridi became an Archdeaconry center for Bari /Zande Archdeaconry
1984 – Rt. Rev. Joseph Marona Biringi was consecrated as an Area bishop for Maridi under the diocese of Yambio.
1989 – Maridi became an Independent diocese with the Rt.Rev. Joseph Marona as the first Diocesan Bishop
1996 – The following Archdeaconries were created:
- Eddi Archdeaconry
- Amaki Archdeaconry
- Mabrindi Archdeaconry which is the present Western Archdeaconry.
2001 – Rt. Rev. Justin Badi Arama was consecrated as the second Diocesan bishop of Maridi Diocese
2002 – Kozi Archdeaconry was created out of Amaki Archdeaconry
2009 – Town Archdeaconry was created and given the name central Archdeaconry. The former central Archdeaconry was then known as Western Archdeaconry.
2018 – Consecration and enthroment of the 3rd diocesan Bishop of Maridi, the Rt.Rev/Canon Moses Zungo.